Key differences between MyTona’s Ravenhill and their top grossing app, Seekers Notes, include: Lives, Custom Design Mechanics, UI, Event-Based Currency, and Guilds.
Key Differences: Ravenhill vs. Seekers Notes
- Lives vs. Energy: Players in Ravenhill are given five Lives, which regenerate every 30 3 minutes and are only used when players fail a Level (1). In Seekers Notes, Energy is used when players attempt a Level.
- Custom Design Mechanics: In Ravenhill, players can customize Avatars with a variety of facial features (2).
- Autoplay Quests: Quests in Ravenhill are automatically selected when a players hits ‘play’ (3). In Seekers Notes, multiple Quest icons give players the choice of Quest.
- Event-Based Currency: After Level 20, Ravenhill players earn Tickets during events to purchase and collect Statuettes (4). In Seekers Notes, event Currencies are only available for a limited time.
- Guilds: At Level 10, Ravenhill players may join a Guild, allowing members to Chat or request Lives from other members (5). Guilds are not yet available in Seekers Notes … but noted in the App Store as ‘coming soon’.
Product Council Insights
- Using Lives over Energy is a subtle, but notable change … taxing players only for failing Levels makes the game feel more fair.
- Joining a Guild is a leading indicator that a player will have strong, long-term retention with the game.
- New User Flow
- Misc. Features
- Jewelry Boxes
- Daily Reward
- Rate Flow