Track your ROAS, test your demographic, and increase retention to ensure sustainable UA.
Expand Attribution and Analytics
- Know the sources of your most valuable users, their life-time value (LTV), and your return on ad spend (ROAS).
- Maximize your range of metrics per acquisition channel.
- A wide view of your traffic mix is best for evaluating acquisition and engagement.
Know Your ROAS
- Track your ROAS in 7 and 28 day increments to more closely analyze cohort performance.
- At the start of UA, track every campaign daily.
- Regularly update characters and content.
- Cultivate community.
- Engage users with push notifications.
Soft Launch Your Game
- Big game companies attempt to get 1,000 – 10,000 users in this phase.
- Adjust game dynamics if the concept proves ineffective.
- Similarities to more expensive markets make Canada, Australia, and Nordic countries ideal for soft-launches.
Refine Your Creatives
- Prioritize budget for the best performing creatives, variations on high performing creatives, and testing new ones.
- High production value does not mean high performance.
- Timing and location of ad release matter.
Full GameRefinery article