“We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.” – Jeff Bezos
We typically approach product development with quick tests to produce immediate results. This strategy works well for inventions and high beta projects. But, a more patient product development strategy is necessary for foundational features like rewards, customer service, and performance.
Key Takeaways from this Report:
- Consider intimate competitive experiences: Scatter Slots released a 5-player tournament feature with a unique win mechanic
- Add a time-based rewards program: myKONAMI Slots rewards players based on engagement and spend during a certain time period
- Generate value from outside the app: House of Fun released a slots mechanic that lets players shake their iPhone to drop bonuses
- In Game Design Documents, predetermine the level of design investment each feature should receive: Bingo Party is a recent top 35 grossing social casino app that was very disciplined about where to (and not to) apply design polish
Liquid and Grit Announcements:
The Feature Database now includes videos of key features, and a grid view to make it easier to find specific screenshots and videos. The navigation was updated for ease of use, and the categorization system was simplified.
Be patient with foundational features.
- 5-Player Tournaments
- Time-Based VIP Programs
- Quick Wins
- Progressive Frenzy
- Top Grossing 1 – 18
- Top Grossing 19 – 50
- Bingo Party
[pigeon_protect]Social Casino Report November 2017[/pigeon_protect][pigeon_display_when access="disabled"][st_icon_box background="#e7e7e7" opacity="1" icon="icon: unlock-alt" icon_color="#ffffff" icon_bg="#444444" border_color="#8c8c8c" icon_spin="no" icon_position="icon-top"]
To continue reading, you must be a subscriber. Joining is easy, pick your plan here and get full access immediately (you can cancel at any time).
Already a member? Sweet - just login here and you’ll be all set.
Subscribing to Liquid & Grit offers the ability to stay up to date on the latest mobile gaming and new product trends.
As a subscriber, you’ll also get:
- Revenue-driving mechanics in concise PDF format
- Downloadable economy, level, and currency spreadsheets
- Deconstructions of upcoming competition in soft launch and breaking the top 100
- Online tools that hold over 15K libraries and years of analysis
- Valuable knowledge that helps you create the best mobile gaming experience
Want to see a sample of what Liquid & Grit reports include? Not a problem, click HERE to grab some freebies[/st_icon_box] [/pigeon_display_when]