Ten months after its launch, Snap Games continues to grow its multiplayer games platform on Snapchat with exclusive first- and third-party titles, innovative social features, and strategic partnerships.
- Snap Inc. launched Snap Games in April 2019 to bring real-time multiplayer gaming to Snapchat.
- So far, the platform includes 11 exclusive games including first-party titles such as Bitmoji Party and partner-made games like Tiny Royale (Zynga).
- Snap Games aims to grow by targeting Snapchat’s existing 218 million daily users.
- PlayCanvas’ HTML5 game engine powers games inside Snapchat.
- Snap Games acquired Australian developer Prettygreat prior to launch and works closely with third-party developers such as Mojiworks.
- Snap Games’ partner studios can incorporate non-skippable six-second video ads into their games to earn revenue.
- In December Snap Games introduced Leaderboard Games–single-player hypercasual games in which friends compete with one another on ranked leaderboards.
- Players can send stickers to friends via Snaps to share gaming moments and achievements.
- All games feature players’ Bitmoji avatars, and more than 70% of Snapchat users already have a Bitmoji linked to their account.
Full Pocket Gamer article