“I suppose my formula might be: dream, diversify, and never miss an angle.” – Walt Disney, on his profit formula
Each month, we bring you the angle: insights and analysis from the most successful games. It is your job to dream…and diversify your product portfolio.
- Add a few non-traditional retention features to your roadmap. Cradle of Empires continued to experiment with Drag & Drop and Augmented Reality to drive retention and installs.
- Utilize non-dev teams to form valuable partnerships. King, in a partnership with Snap, released a Bubble Witch Saga 3 lens within Snapchat.
- Add unlimited content systems to keep top players entertained. Toy Blast added a Legends Arena to engage players who beat all the game levels.
- For buildable games, consider implementing Matchington Mansion’s Find an Item mechanic…inspired by the successful app, Houzz. This mechanic allows players to enter a friend’s mansion, select certain items, then purchase these items for their own mansion. In a few months, this app went from new release to 32nd grossing in the U.S. Puzzle category for iPhone.
We work hard to give you only the best, most concise information. To go deeper on any feature, click the suggested links to be taken to an online library within our Feature Database that holds detailed screenshots.
- Drag & Drops
- Snapchat Lenses
- Top Level Arenas
- Augmented Reality Play
- Banish Creatures
- Top Grossing 1 – 21
- Top Grossing 22 – 30
- Matchington Mansion – Firecraft Studios