Hypercasual sustains its substantial market impacts after first exploding onto the market in 2018.
- Hypercasual games account for nearly 80% of the mobile game industry’s overall install growth, 38% of total ad revenue, 12.5% of total installs, and 40-50% of total in-game ad inventory.
- The hypercasual market grew 33% since last year to about $3B per year.
- Hypercasual is continuing to grow quickly due to:
- its accessibility and ability to be enjoyed in short bursts.
- last year’s 70% growth in installs per thousand ad impressions.
- its low entry barriers, which increased diversification and distribution.
- IAP-based games help maintain the hypercasual market while simultaneously relying on hypercasual games to increase available ad inventory.
- Non-hypercasual advertisers purchased 52.4% more from hypercasual ad supply YoY.
Full Pocket Gamer article